Rowcliffes Taunton, Bridgwater, Street and Yeovil is the trading names of Blackdown Motor Company Ltd and referred to as ‘We’ within this notice. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 thereafter (GDPR) (together the Data Protection Legislation) and other applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy.
We will collect and otherwise process personal information about you in order to supply vehicles, goods and services to you and to administer our relationship with you. This may involve sharing your personal information with third parties. This Privacy Notice describes in detail how we will use your personal information and how you can exercise your rights with respect to your personal information.
If we decide to change this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated Privacy Notice on our websites so that you are always aware of what personal information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it. The updated Privacy Notice will take effect as soon as it is posted on our Websites.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information to enable us to carry out the service you have requested or accessed
- When you enquire (via our website or when visiting our Dealership) about a vehicle purchase or other After sales services such as Servicing and MOTs we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase including your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including email and mobile phone number).
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive a vehicle or have use of a loan vehicle in case of any speeding, parking, or other motoring offences whilst using the vehicle.
- Where we operate CCTV to monitor our premises, footage in which you feature when you visit our premises may be captured.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters, forms and text messages. We also record calls between us for training, monitoring and quality control purposes.
- We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences
- We also collect information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will receive and process information about the outcome of those checks in order to complete your purchase.
- We will collect information relevant to the insurance products that we sell that are provided by third parties.
- We may also collect non-identifying information about your preferences in connection with our Websites, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on the Websites. We may provide our manufacturer partners and our advertisers with aggregate information about Website users.
- Information provided for recruitment and selection purposes
The Company will only retain your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for including for the purposes of satisfying any relevant contract that we have in place with you and any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
How do we use your personal information?
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- To respond to enquiries from you regarding the possible purchase of goods or services;
- To meet the terms of your order and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts;
Where it is necessary for us to pursue our Legitimate Interest as a business
- To manage and administer the relationships between you and us and notify you about changes to our services
- To provide you with timely reminders regarding your vehicle including, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT.
- To correspond and communicate with you
- Maintain accuracy of the data we hold
- Send you important product or warranty information
- Where you have provided your consent send you communications which may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, offers and activities, promotions of our associated companies goods and services;
- To obtain feedback from you to improve our products and services
- Where it is in your Vital Interest we may use your personal information to contact you to inform you of any urgent safety issues with your vehicle and/or any product recalls.
Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, Manufacturer partners, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing).
We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information to assist HMRC, the Police and the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA):
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this Notice, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide in secure storage areas within our business and on our Dealer Management System (DMS) managed by our 3rd party provider CDK Global using security measures including password protection, firewall protection, VPN access only, monitored and audited user access. We have a binding Data Sharing Agreement in place with CDK Global that prohibits mismanagement or unauthorised processing of our data.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct is to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
It is possible to switch off cookies and prevent cookies being stored by your browser by setting your browser preferences. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. At any time you can delete cookies already in your browser. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is: Z7782639
How to Contact Us Details
Any questions or requests regarding this Privacy Notice or Data Protection issues can be directed in writing to Data Protection Officer, Rowcliffes Taunton, 78/88 East Reach, Taunton, TA1 3HF or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This notice was last updated 11/06/18